Lynda Warnock's Reviews > Red Fire

F_50x66
Sep 16, 08

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal, suspense
Read in September, 2008, read count: 1

Deidre Knight’s new series Gods of Midnight is about 7 immortal warriors from Ancient Sparta. Given the option of protecting humankind for eternity or crossing over to Heaven, these seven brave men choose to protect and serve. Red Fire is the first book in this series and is filled with demons, hunters, immortals, gods and oracles. There isn’t one slow sentence in this book and I couldn’t put it down until I finished.

Ajax is burnt out. He’s fought the good fight for over 2,500 years and he’s exhausted and would prefer to drown his troubles in alcohol instead of going on. There is only thing keeping him from madness, and that is the prophecy that there is a mortal woman, Shay Angel, who is destined to be his mate. The only problem – he has no idea where she is or what time period she’ll be living in.

Shay has just buried her mother and is trying to hold off demons that are now threatening her. But she’s not supposed to be able to see the demons. Over protected by her two older brothers she stubbornly sets out by herself to get some answers when she is captured by demons.

Red Fire is an excellent story. Evil abounds and yet through it all there is goodness so pure it is amazing. I loved that this demon story is so unlike any others I’ve read before; the entire story is pure genius – original, enticing and thoroughly entertaining. Red Fire has earned a place on my keeper shelf – and I can’t wait to see where this series goes next!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Fire.