Rosa (Bajan Rosa Books)'s Reviews > Jaguar Sun

Jaguar Sun by Martha Bourke

May 17, 12

bookshelves: y-a, arc, best, epic, favorites, just-wow, shapeshifters, cute
Read from May 15 to 17, 2012

This Review was originally posted on my blog: http://bajanrosabooks.blogspot.com there is also an interview with the author posted there

Have you ever read a book so good you actually had a physical reaction to it. Well I can say that's happen to me only a few times. Jaguar Sun was one of those few book's and let me tell you when you read it you'll get chills.

Maya is a teenage girl who feel's out of place. She's Hispanic and can't speak or understand Spanish. She's convinced her Jock boyfriend loves the game more than he loves her and she's trying her best to forget the mother she no longer has, while keeping in contact with a loving Mayan Grandma, whose existence only reminds her father of the woman he lost.

If all that weren't enough, Maya is having dreams about a shadow animal that also stalks her in the day. As life continues for Maya it just gets more complicated, all of a sudden she is more important than ever to her native people. She and her friends must head of a dangerous Adventure to complete a task that will change the world as we know it forever!

December 21st here we come!

I am a big fan of Y.A paranormal romance and have read several, they are so many to choose from.. This genre is a hard sea to dive into with so many books to compete with however Ms. Bourke has managed to create a debut novel with in a class of its own.

The characters, Maya, Matt, Grandma Rosa and the twins as well as all the others really made this book special to me. The romantic elements were perfect and Maya's witty dialogue throughout the book was very entertaining. There was also a lot to be learned about the Mayan culture and the Spanish language. This is all my favorite books wrapped into one wonderful story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jaguar Sun.

05/16/2012 page 1