Cheryl's Reviews > Beauty

Beauty by Laurell K. Hamilton

May 15, 12

bookshelves: novellas
Read on May 14, 2012

I realize this was just a deleted scene, and we really shouldn't expect much (like a plot) but as a publishing experiment this was a fail. This is the type of thing you have to offer for free or, at the most $.99. A deleted scene like this should be a bonus for fans, not a rip off. It certainly shouldn't be called #20.5.

If you want to charge your fans more than what most short stories go for, it should really BE a short story. Seriously, respect your fans, don't gouge them.

Also, the interaction between Jean Claude, Anita and Asher was tired. Same phrases LKH uses in every book, same descriptions. The only time in the series where it seems like Anita is happy and comfortable anymore is with Nathaniel and Micah... and I have a hard time picturing her being that content with each pairing of her lovers, even if she's been with JC for so long now. She LIVES with the other two, for goodness sake. I guess that got switched up a little though in one of the last books. I dunno.

Bottom line, charging fans for deleted scenes is rude. The scene should have been epic.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty.