Dan's Reviews > The First Warm Evening of the Year: A Novel

The First Warm Evening of the Year by Jamie M. Saul

M_50x66
May 15, 12

Geoffrey Tremont is a bachelor living in New York City when he is asked to be the executor for the estate of an old college friend, Laura Wells. He hasn’t seen her in twenty years and was unaware that she was living back in her home town in upstate New York. When he goes to Shady Grove, he immediately becomes infatuated with Laura’s best friend Marian. Although both are dating others, their lives are forever connected. The story begins with the meeting of Geoffrey and Marian and we quickly learns of his infatuation. What unfolds is the circumstances of their meeting, their background stories and Geoffrey’s obsession with Marian. The characters are well developed and the novel is filled with emotion, confusion and some thought provoking ideas. Not that I was expecting more action, but I was confused as to what the plot was. I could have stopped reading at any time and felt I wasn’t missing much.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Warm Evening of the Year.