Christie Rich's Reviews > Vaempires: Revolution

Vaempires by Thomas Winship

Jun 06, 12

bookshelves: rocking-original
Read in June, 2012

The first thing I thought about this book was, "Vaempires? Why is there an e in there?"

The questions kept coming in this action packed thrill ride through the post appocolyptic world Thomas Winship created. I'm not usually into books that strattle the edge of horror. My vampire exposure has mostly beed those of the sparkling kind, so this whole idea of Vampires who are cold blooded undead, and Vaempires who are a mutation to warm blooded super vamps intrigued me.

From the very first page you are immersed in the war that the Vaempires have unleashed on humans and vampires alike. Some of the images are haunting to say the least, and me being the squeemish sort, I found myself skimming some of the fight scenes toward the end because I am a wimp like that.

That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed my read, and the story kept me turning pages until the climactic end. Mr. Winship, really? You had to leave it there? Just kidding. I love cliff-hanger endings, and this one is major. So there you have it. Great book, and I can't wait to see more from this amazing author!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vaempires.