Kristen's Reviews > Silver

Silver by Talia Vance

Aug 21, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, gods, magical, myths, paranormal, romance, ya
Read on August 20, 2012

GENRE: YA Fantasy
THEME: Myths/Gods
RECEIVED: ALA
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
After meeting the author at ALA, I couldn’t wait to dig into this exciting mythology story. It may be dubbed a young adult book with some mature content and characters that I loved.. But what I enjoyed the most about Silver was the mythology and the unique story of two sides at war and almost a Romeo and Juliet love in the middle.

Silver follows Brianna Paxton a girl is who invisible to everyone but her family and two friends. But one night at a party the one boy who never sees her that she wishes one day he could, finally notices her. Blake, who in one moment sees not only Brianna but also the beauty within her that know one could resist not even him. This one moment where a silver light flashes between them will forever change their lives.

Brianna was an interesting character, boys were like her kryptonite and when she got close it meant destruction. There is a whole myth behind her family, coming from a long line of powerful woman who are hunted by another family that are mostly men. But she’s different from her ancestors and has the ability to protect herself and hide, until Blake. He is the one person she doesn’t want to hide from but their relationship has a major rocky start but one that is bonded. I liked how her character wasn’t some tough girl that was powerful, but an innocent girl who wants to fit in and be normal.

Brie’s best friends are a bit on the wild side and really are in way brats whenever it comes to boys. But she keeps her cool even when her friends treat her bad; it showed the strength in her character. Thought the girls have some funny lines I wished they were more supportive to their friend.

Blake, well this guy took some getting use to. I was mad at him half the time for being harsh to Brianna and being so full of himself. But as the story moves forward I felt he was hiding his true self behind the “player image” that everyone knows him for, He has a big heart and Brianna is someone who fills it up completely and he cant resist her. Even though it goes against his purpose he tries to fight his instincts and both of their families history.

There is also one other guy that comes into Brie’s life but he’s a whole bundle of mystery and darkness. Lets just say I couldn’t figure out which side he’s really on but I’m hoping that in the future books we will see more of him. I don’t think this guy is done and will be stopped so easily.

Overall I thought this story hit the mark, I loved the romance, mythology and all the characters really stood their own. Vance created a myth that has a lot of history without overwhelming the readers and characters that the readers want to root for. The romance wasn’t just smoking hot but also still has a lot to work out. Silver will defiantly have you wanting more and be prepared to stay up all night because this one will keep you hooked till the end.

RECOMMENDATION:
This is a young adult with some mature content. Fans of Lesley Livingston’s Starling and Aimee Carters Goddess Test series will love Silver by TaliaVance.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver.