Sunny in Wonderland's Reviews > One Door Away from Heaven

One Door Away from Heaven by Dean Koontz

May 26, 12

Read from May 15 to 26, 2012

I can't say I enjoyed this as much as the other Koontz book that I read. There were three stories that he tried to bring together, and while he succeeded in the end, it just took too long to get there. If I were a non-obsessive reader, I may have given up long before I got to the good stuff. Nick the PI's character wasn't developed enough to make me care about him. Contrarily, Leilani is my new favorite 9 year old! And, while Preston's sicko character was disturbing, it's just not going to stick with me in the coming days. This was not the spooky Koontz of which I've been told. The book was good, it just could have been shorter by about 200 pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Door Away from Heaven.

05/16/2012 page 50
7.0% "Leilani's pretty awesome, but I hope this book picks up the pace soon."
05/17/2012 page 158
22.0% "Three DIFFERENT story lines? Leilani/Micky, Noah/Investigation, The Boy Now Known as Curtis Hammond - which to pay more attention to? Hmmmm...."
05/17/2012 page 203
28.0% "I wonder if the whole "sister-becoming" thing is a clue. Perhaps The Boy Now Known As Curtis Hammond is Lukipela?"
05/22/2012 page 248
34.0% ""As if this house had been built to defeat the laws of gravity, Preston seemed not to be standing by the bed, but to hang from the floor like a bat adapted to strange rules, wings furled and silently watchful, a suspensefully suspended presence.""
05/25/2012 page 500
69.0% "This story FINALLY took off around page 400..."
show 1 hidden update…