Gail's Reviews > Drums of Autumn

Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon

F 50x66
May 15, 12

Read in May, 2012

Also published as CROSSTICH. I was scepticle as this story start - time travel is not a genre I enjoy. But it was so highly spoken about by a total stranger who didnt even know I was there that I had to give it a chance. And what a pay off. These must be some of the strongest characters I have met in a book - or maybe the time I have spent reading all the books in the series total smore than the time I have spent with most friends?? And would I go back 200 years to marry Jamie Fraser? Never, I would go back 205 years to make sure I got there before Clair.

favourite part of the series: the photos in the bikini, without a doubt. Yellow submarine was clever too
Least favourite: Sometimes the detail is just TOO detailed and I have to turn over the page.
Rivetting - the historical details - what did women use for tampons.
Suggestion: A little reminder of each character and where they are in time and place. It can be taxing trying to remember who the lesser characters are, and where you left everyone when you finished reading te previous book a few months before.

Start a long term relationship with this book. Fall in love with the Red headed Scotsman. Every other reader has........
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drums of Autumn.