Kris at Book Wishes 's Reviews > Darkness Comes This Way

Jun 26, 12

bookshelves: arc, young-adult, for-review-from-author
Recommended for: Young Adults, Teens, Vampire Lovers and Adults
Read from June 25 to 26, 2012, read count: 1

Darkness Comes This Way is about a Vampire named Zarah, in her time there are rogue vampires those that kill humans. Blood thirsty, stalkers and killers. Then there are the Guardians Vampires which protect the humans from these killer rogues. Zarah happens to be a Guardian cured from being a rogue vamp. Zarah is strong, auburn hair with beautiful skin. Don't let that fool you, Zarah is a kick butt vamp willing to lay her life down for humans to "do her job" as a Guardian.
I love this book, actually to say that is an undestatement! At first, within the first chapter or so I thought this was going to be your "typical" vampire book. I love vampire books, sometimes the story lines start to lack originallity. Not Pixie she introduces characters then plays with them in your mind. Introducing things that capture your attention, to inspire your imagination. As a reader I long for that, want more.... I fell in love with Draven, Zarah's reluctant partner Guardian. Draven and Zarah have some snags in their relationship. I feel its one of those "I can't live with you, I can't live without you" relationships. So much better than the sappy paranormal romance relationships we see so often in everyday vampire novels.

This is not your average vampire novel, when I picked up Darkness Comes This Way, my mind took a pathway to another world. Teasing my eyes with the words, leaving me wanting more!!! Loved it!!!
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Comes This Way.