Sara 's Reviews > Knight

Knight by Kristen Ashley

May 17, 12

Read from May 14 to 17, 2012

This is a tough one to review.

First let me say I liked this book, I did. The story was layered, interesting, romantic, erotic and never boring. I am hesitant to give it a stellar rating based upon one thing that I cannot let go of; the language. Don’t get me wrong; I am all for the properly placed curse word and no do not frown upon multiple usages of such words. My problem is with Knights vocabulary and his constant use of ‘Fuck’ in every tense available turned me off and had me reading sections of his dialogue over and over again trying to figure out WTF (pun intended) he was saying through all that. I get that it is his persona and the nature of his beast but it really was tough.

Other than that it was a good read and my first from Ms. Ashley. I would recommend it but with the above disclaimer. I do look forward to reading the Rock Chick series by this author.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knight.

05/15/2012 page 28
show 2 hidden updates…

Nina & Georgana The Literary Gossip I was thinking about Knight today and came back to read my review....he is still my fav...ever! you have totally evoloved since this review lol.
lemon drops red...lemon drops!

message 2: by Sara (last edited Jan 05, 2014 04:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara Georgana wrote: "I was thinking about Knight today and came back to read my review....he is still my fav...ever! you have totally evoloved since this review lol.
lemon drops red...lemon drops!"

LMFAO!!! You think? Oh I still think folks deserve a badge for making it through this fucking book. -pun intended- I know you love your Knight so get your ass back to Slade and have a lemon drop with the boy, Peaches.

Nina & Georgana The Literary Gossip OMG i am laughing so hard...a badge! I need to edit my review to say i have read it 6 times now, but not sure i want to let the crazy out today!

Sara If I were one to go back and change ratings I would drop this but I will leave it. You know how I feel about it AND her other books. But just think, where would be now if we didn't kiss a few frogs who go ape shit over a slip of a girl?

Oh and GOOD LORD! SIX TIMES? You just did let the crazy out.

Nina & Georgana The Literary Gossip i love me some Knight!

how can you drop him from 3 stars???? lol