Melissa Sodano's Reviews > Cobbogoth

Cobbogoth by Hannah L. Clark

May 20, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy
Read from May 14 to 17, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This book was a bit of a roller coaster for me. I breezed right through the first 100 pages, finding myself quite intrigued. But at that point, the male protagonist proclaimed his love for our heroine, Nora, and I wondered to myself "Seriously?!?...Lame!". I got worried that this was another teen book using the formula of girl crushes on boy for a long time, making her life difficult, but then said boy actually loves her too. I had no interest in such a novel. However, I continued on, and alas...it turns out it was not one of those teen love stories. In actuality, the author creates an awesome story involving Icelandic mythology, and everything in this story has an explanation. Not to mention, quite a few moments where, as the reader, you find yourself in awe of how well the author brings everything full circle. The ending was not a cliff hanger, but I definitely want to read what happens next. My main criticism of the book lies in the writing. For the most part, the writing is good, but there were quite a few areas where the transitions could have been more smooth.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cobbogoth.

05/14/2012 page 118