Jennifer C.'s Reviews > Frost

Frost by Kate Avery Ellison

Jul 27, 14

bookshelves: 2012-challenge, another-world, series-completed
Read from May 14 to 16, 2012

I received this book for review from the goodreads group Shut Up & Read. I absolutely loved it!

Lia's sister, Ivy, finds a boy in the woods who is dying and convinces Lia to take him in and nurse him back to health even though he is a Farther. Farther's are sworn enemies of people in the Frost, but Gabe is on the run from his own people although we don't find out why in this book. Lia ends up falling for Gabe, and decides to help him find his way to the Echo even though it means letting him go. It doesn't help that Lia already has love issues in the first place because her parents were killed by Watchers in the woods who guard the Echo. She feels like she loses everyone she loves and Gabe is no different.

Lia's world was so well developed and the character development was excellent. I really liked Gabe and was so sad for Lia that he was leaving. The only character that I wish I liked more is Ann. I feel like Lia feels some strong connection to her, seeing that she confides in her, but I didn't like her at all. I'm so glad that this is a series. I can't wait for the next book. I'm really hoping that we see Gabe again. I'm sure we will. I can't wait to find out what he is running from. Is he royalty? What happened to the rest of his family? I'd also like to find out more about Adam. I want to know what really happened the day that Lia's parents died. I don't think it happened the way Lia and the rest of the town believes it did. There has to be much more to that story.

Thank you to Kate and the moderators of the group for the opportunity to read and review yet another great book!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frost.