C.E. G's Reviews > Bleach, Volume 01

May 14, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: manga
Read in May, 2012

Thanks to the teen otaku I've been volunteering with, I now have a long list of manga series to familiarize myself with.

The library I was at today had the first volume of Bleach, so I read it in one sitting. The whole thing felt very standard to me, but it was well executed and I think readers who like a lot of action will be pleased with it. The premise felt a bit like a male fantasy to me though, so that was sort of irritating at times.

I might read on in the future, but I don't know if I have the patience. There are a total of 21 volumes in the series, and some reviewers are saying it gets good in volume 5, and others that it gets good never. And in my manga reading, I'm going for breadth of reading rather than depth, so...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bleach, Volume 01.

message 1: by Allie (new)

Allie What else are you reading? One piece? Case closed? Animal academy? Death note? Full metal alchemist? Boys over flowers? Naruto is sort of a given.

C.E. G My reading for now is based entirely off of suggestions from teens in my area, so: Shugo Chara, Naruto, Hetalia, DNAngel, Vampire Knight, Death Note, Ouran High School, Sailor Moon, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Black Butler. After that, I'll try to balance shoujo and shonen a bit, but I'm open to suggestions!

message 3: by Allie (new)

Allie The teens in my area are REALLY into One Piece. There are SO MANY DIFFERENT SERIES! We just got a new supervisor and she tried looking for books in the graphic novel section and she was so totally lost!

message 4: by Allie (new)

Allie You should also check out Mangaman by Barry Lyga! I haven't read it all the way through, but it's pretty cool.