Alexandria's Reviews > Magic Strikes

Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews

Jul 20, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Read from May 14 to 15, 2012

Absolutely brilliant!!!!! My love for this seris goes beyond words. I just want to melt into a little puddle of goo every time I finish a novel from this series. It's also one of those series that upsets me simply because I cant get enough of it. And I wonder if I ever will get enough of it. I fill like a naughty little girl who cant stop putting her hand in the cookie jar. Maybe the cookies are laced with crack. Oh well, I'm sure you'll find me cackling to myself in some dark secluded corner while I read the next installments. Yes,sad, I know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Strikes.

Quotes Alexandria Liked

Ilona Andrews
“Curran looked back at me. "Why is it you always attract creeps?"

"You tell me." Ha! Walked right into that one, yes, he did.”

Ilona Andrews
“Every time I think you’ve reached the limits of arrogance, you show me new heights. Truly, your egotism is like the Universe—ever expanding.”
tags: kate

Ilona Andrews
“...you expect me to fall on my back with my legs spread."
"Not necessarily. ... You can fall on your hands and knees if you prefer. Or against the wall. Or on the kitchen counter. I suppose I might let you be on top, if you make it worth my while.”

Ilona Andrews
“I gave him a smile. I was aiming for sweet, but he turned a shade paler and scooted a bit farther from me. Note to self: work more on sweet and less on psycho-killer.”

Ilona Andrews
“Kate makes good sausage," Jim said.

Six pairs of eyes stared at me. Thank you, Mr. Wonderful. Just what I needed.

"Oh yeah," Andrea snapped her fingers. "The links? The ones we had the beginning of the month? I didn't know you made those. I thought they were bought. They were so good." Her smile was positively cherubic. Of all the times not to be able to shoot laser beams out of my eyes...

"What do you put into your sausage, Kate?" Raphael wanted to know, giving me a perfectly innocent look.

Werejaguars with big mouths with a pinch of werehyena thrown in. "Venison and rabbit."

"That sounds like some fine sausage," Doolittle said. "Will you share the recipe?"

"Sure."

"I had no idea you were a sausage expert," Curran said with a completely straight face.

Die, die, die, die...

Even Derek cracked a smile. Raphael put his head down on the table and jerked a little.

"Is he choking?" Dali asked, wrinkling her forehead.

"No, he just needs a moment," Curran said. "Young bouda males. Easily excitable.”
Ilona Andrews, Magic Strikes

Ashley I completely agree with you!!