Rachel's Reviews > Impulse

F_50x66
May 14, 12

bookshelves: realistic-fiction
Read from May 14 to 15, 2012

Vanessa, Connar and Tony have all tried to kill themselves once. Vanessa cuts herself to release her pain, Tony has been abused countless times in his childhood and Connar may have a perfect life on the outside but on the inside he's not even close to perfect. The three of them have been moved to Aspen Springs to get better and through fate each has each other to hold on to.

I picked this book up because I wanted to see if Ellen Hopkins was a good writer. Michelle said that her books were really good so I wanted to try it. After reading this my thoughts are divided in two. Half of me wishes that I never picked the book up in the beginning and the other half wishes that I picked this book up earlier. I think that the latter half is bigger. The way that the author writes is amazing and the book just draws you in until you want to do nothing but to finish it. I can't wait to read other books by her.

I finished this book because it's really good and I wanted to see if the three of them would get ut of Aspen Springs. After reading this book I can say that it was a little... disturbing but it was really good. I can't believe what happens in the end. Connar was getting better then bam, he's gone. I think that Tony and Vanessa made it out of Aspen Springs. One other thing I want to write is that the author writes the book in a depressing manner. Like Vanessa, Tony and Connars world is so depressing. Everyones against them and it's just depressing.

I would recommend this book to Gabrielle because this book has lots of romance in it and she likes romance books although I don't know if she likes relistic fiction books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Impulse.