Kat (Kindred Dreamheart)'s Reviews > Married with Zombies

Married with Zombies by Jesse Petersen

Jul 11, 12

bookshelves: blog-review, read-a-long, own, book-mooch-gifted
Read from May 27 to June 24, 2012

I made reading “Married With Zombies” a couple’s event, opting to read it with my husband. This is a witty novel with horror content. The comedic commentary takes away from the fear factor. Similar to any horror flick, the novel begins with the realization that there’s a “threat”, the disbelief of the extent of that “threat”, and the reservation of killing to stop said “threat”……or in this case, amputate, decapitate, and/or mutilate in an almost savage display of extreme hatred to annihilate the “threat”. Now that’s the kind of excitement that keeps us up all night glued to the action until the very end.

This novel had a moderate level of action. The comedy was mediocre. The characters were all likeable except one. Unfortunately she was one of the main characters. So that’s what took away from the 5-star stellar review. The overall plot is of a troubled marriage forced to suck up the pettiness to survive a zombie apocalypse.

Don’t get me wrong, my marriage isn’t sunshine and flowers every day, but my gosh, these folks had issues. I could understand SERIOUS issues, but majority of the bickering was over absolute rubbish. The undead and the possibility of people getting “offed” is what kept our attention in spite of the snarky narrator. While my husband refuses to read anything further in this series, I’m willing to see what happens next.

His Rating 2.5
Her Rating 3.5
Average Rating: 3
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Married with Zombies.

Quotes Kat (Kindred Dreamheart) Liked

Jesse Petersen
“I went all kung fu on his zombie ass.”
Jesse Petersen, Married with Zombies

05/27/2012 page 56
23.0% "Reading this w/ my husband & we are both entertained. #GoodHis&HerBook"
05/27/2012 page 56
23.0% "Reading this w/ my husband & we are both entertained. #GoodHis&HerBook"
06/02/2012 page 84
34.0% "delightfully entertaining. #ReadingWithHusband"
06/16/2012 page 151
62.0% "We almost gave up after that last traumatic incident..."

message 1: by Damali (new)

Damali hey, let me know if this is too silly.

Kat (Kindred Dreamheart) Okay. I will. So far it's horror with mild comedy.