Book Him Danno's Reviews > The Bride Wore Blue

The Bride Wore Blue by Mona Hodgson

May 21, 12

bookshelves: 2012, books-sent-by-author-publisher-for
Read from May 14 to 21, 2012

I’ve read the last book in this series and enjoyed it much more than I did this one. The rules were a bit different for this story, but the romance was not there like in the last one. The romantic aspects of this book were few and far between in my opinion and that was one thing I missed. The family dynamics were there and yet I still do not quite understand the way this family works exactly. The sister had no job and no money and yet she was paying for a boarding house in a town where three of her married sisters live and could put her up for free? Forced to work in a ? You will have to read the book to find out that one, but as an older sister I would have paid her rent or had her move in with me before things got so desperate. Yes the sisters all have busy lives, but come on….

Cripple Creek is a town that many readers enjoy and I did in the last book, but this one fell short of my expectations. I was really looking forward to this book and started reading it right away and yet…now I wonder why. The story was OK and that is about it. But if you have read the rest you will want to read this one to keep up with the comings and goings of The Sinclair family.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bride Wore Blue.