Kathy's Reviews > Father Mine

Father Mine by J.R. Ward

May 14, 2012

Read in August, 2009

What a Splendid Treat!,

This was a great teaser. Zsadist has always been my favorite from the brothers. Z has been to hell and back. He faced his demons and was rewarded with Bella and Nalla waiting for him on the other side. He is so courageous and strong but at the same time can be tender and vulnerable. This novella delves into Nalla's birth, Bella's kidnapping, Z's past existence as a sex-slave and also Z, Bella and Nalla's life as a family. If you are a Z and Bella fan or a BDB fan this short story should not be missed! If this is your first exposure to the Black Dagger Brotherhood series I strongly suggest you read the series in order Dark Lover, Lover Eternal, Lover Awakened, Lover Revealed, Lover Unbound, Lover Enshrined, Lover Avenged and due out 4/2010 Lover Mine. I highly recommend the entire series to dark urban fantasy readers. IMO, the first three books in the series classify or closely classify as hybrids between dark paranormal romance and dark urban fantasy and the rest are dark urban fantasy peppered with a bit of romance. But whatever the classification, the series is phenomenal!

I also recommend:
Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 1)
Angels' Pawn: A Companion Novella to Angels- Blood
Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, Book 1)
Hotter Than Hell
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 1)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Father Mine.