Christina's Reviews > The Blue Nowhere

The Blue Nowhere by Jeffery Deaver

May 14, 2012

liked it
Read from May 14 to 29, 2012

I thought this book had a slow start, but once I got into it (after maybe 100 or 150 pages), I liked it. The story revolved around technology, which was problematic because it was published in 2001. It talked about dial-up modems, which I hardly even remember. Young readers may have a difficult time connecting to some of the technology talk, but I was able to look past most of that and just move on with the understanding that it was written in a different time (even though it is so relatively recent). I wish Deaver would publish a second edition of the book where the plot was the same but the technology was updated. That would have made it a lot more interesting.

Overall, I would recommend this book but with some reservations. If you are a person who needs to get into a book right away, you might end up quitting on this one before it gets good. Also, if you are going to be bothered by the outdated technology, you may want to pass on this book. Otherwise, it was an interesting mystery with a number of unexpected and entertaining twists along the way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blue Nowhere.