Anna's Reviews > Scotsmen Prefer Blondes

Scotsmen Prefer Blondes by Sara Ramsey

May 20, 12

bookshelves: historical-romance, reviews
Read in May, 2012

Amelia Staunton travels to Scotland with her friend Prudence. There they meet Laird Malcolm MacCabe. It is known that Prudence will soon be Malcolm's bride, but Malcolm is much more interested in Amelia. To her absolute frustration Amelia likes him too. The situation causes all sorts of complications.

Amelia is a wonderfully strong character, the kind I like reading about in regency books. I love the fact that Ms. Ramsey made her a writer, something that is secret and a complication. But a brilliant part of the story. Compared to Prudence, Amelia is overflowing with passion and charm. Malcolm is almost instantly enthralled with her. I loved watching the relationship blossom.

Scotsmen Prefer Blondes is an excellent read. It really surprised me. I wasn't sure I was gonna like it, but I ended up love it. Amelia and Malcolm are great characters. Their story is sensuous and heartwarming. Historical fans will want to add this one to their list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scotsmen Prefer Blondes.