Alex is The Romance Fox's Reviews > Sticks & Stones

Sticks & Stones by Abigail Roux

Jul 20, 12

bookshelves: erotic-romance, m-m, series, adventure-mystery-crime-thriller, romance
Read in July, 2012, read count: 1

Synopsis: Six months after nearly losing their lives to a serial killer in New York City, FBI Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett are suffering through something almost as frightening: the monotony of desk duty. When they're ordered to take a vacation for the good of everyone's sanity, Ty bites the bullet and takes Zane home with him to West Virginia, hoping the peace and quiet of the mountains will give them the chance to explore the explosive attraction they've so far been unable to reconcile with their professional partnership.

Ty and Zane, along with Ty's father and brother, head up into the Appalachian Mountains for a nice, relaxing hike deep into the woods... where no one will hear them scream. They find themselves facing danger from all directions: unpredictable weather, the unrelenting mountains, wild animals, fellow hikers with nothing to lose, and the most terrifying challenge of all. Each other.

My thoughts:

Wow…..what a start to the follow-up book to Cut & Run……..had me holding my breath…..letting it out only when I realized what was really going on….yes I am not going to spoilt the moment for anyone here!!!!!!
Zane Garrett & Ty Grady are back ….after being separated for a few months , still trying to come to terms with their feelings for each other, have been given time off from work. Ty has invited Zane to go with him to visit his family and do some mountain hiking.

And what a crazy and weird family Ty has – hated his father…no wonder Ty has issues….his crazy grandfather who thinks the garden hose is a snake, his brother….the psychiatrist..really….sorry but he just did not fit into my idea of a doctor of the mind……but he was sweet in a way, so guess I overcame this point thru the story….. his mother who wants to feed them all whilst using her wooden spoon!!!!!! At times Zane seems to be the only normal person around!! And that is something else….Zane, sane!!!!!

At times I really felt an intense dislike for Zane & Ty……I love him, I want him, no let me go, I don’t want him stuff……..Why can’t they just admit that they care for each other? Why is there such a problem for Ty to come out about his feelings for Zane? It’s not as if he has never had sex with a male before!!! But on the other side, these are two much damaged men with so many issues that makes it in a way difficult for them to open up and talk about their inner selves and their true feelings.

We learn so much about what makes Ty be what he is…..the issues he has and the fear of commitment and of losing someone he cares about.

The part between Ty and his father after Ty’s attack is really heartbreaking. Are there really fathers out there like his??? Scary!!!

Lots of tension, some fabulous dialogue, hot sex scenes, thrills and spills – despite the two guys not being on the job!!!! – why is it that cops always get caught in a middle of something criminal even when off duty????? –
I enjoyed the story taking place outside their work situation – to see another side to the guys

I am getting so attached to these two men……I just wish they were not kept apart so much….all the angst, questions, insecurities…..just talk to each other about your true feelings…please!!!!!!! I want you both to find happiness do something about it…right now!!!!

Now, onto book 3 ….with some hope that I don’t have to knock their heads together to see what they mean to each other.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sticks & Stones.