Opal's Reviews > Sea of Crises

Sea of Crises by Marty Steere

Jun 26, 2012

bookshelves: thriller, book-submissions
Read on May 31, 2012

Actually a 4.5 star review.

I normally don’t accept thrillers. For some reason I thought this had a sci-fi element to it but it doesn’t. Nonetheless this book still had excellent plot development. It moved along at a nice clip and I found myself involved from the very beginning.

The Cartwright brothers were well-fleshed out. They were all multi-layered and had many believable facets. Their interactions were very interesting to read about. I especially enjoyed reading about the twins. There was a lot of conflict there as one twin was gay and the other had judged him harshly for it.

Even the minor characters were well-developed. Tim’s method of coping with the stress of being on the run by reading paperbacks stands out to me. A fellow reader will always stand out to me.

The dog was a nice touch. It brought a level of humanity to the book that I don’t think would have been there otherwise. I was always in fear of the dog getting hurt. I have a soft spot for pets.

Like all thrillers there was some unbelievable parts to the novel. I could suspend my belief though for the sake of the story. They weren’t so far-fetched to stretch my suspension beyond control.

All in all, it was an extremely well-written book with lots of believable thrills and chills. Af ter I finished the book I was even ready for more thrillers by the same author, which is saying something.

*I received a free copy of this book from the publisher for an honest review.

Read more of my reviews on the Akamai Reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sea of Crises.

05/31/2012