John's Reviews > Wizard and Glass

Wizard and Glass by Stephen King

Jul 30, 12

Read from July 05 to 30, 2012

Not King's best work. He admits in the afterward that he had put this novel off for a time because he wasn't sure if he could pull it off. The bulk of the book centers on a love story which does cleverly affect every aspect of the larger story. It wasn't bad it was just so much longer than it needed to be. The action was so much more interesting than the love story that it made the love story a secondary device and virtually unnecessary. If this book was a hundred pages shorter I most likely would have given it 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wizard and Glass.

07/05/2012 page 63
9.0% "I'm into it so far. I love Blaine because he stirs my emotions. I find myself having gotten just as angry and frustrated with him as the ka-tet."
07/08/2012 page 181
26.0% "I'm not a fan of these long diversions into Roland's past."
07/11/2012 page 244
35.0% "Flash back story is getting much more interesting. And, now I'm curious to find out how it relates to the primary story."
07/17/2012 page 354
51.0% "This is a strange story. One chapter I'm totally into it, that next I'm so bored throwing up seems more interesting. I guess I'm saying that so far this book is basically bi-polar." 3 comments
07/28/2012 page 638
91.0% "Based on how things have turned out I have no problems with this story just that it is so crazy long. I am happy that the flashback story is over and am looking forward to the last part of the book."
show 1 hidden update…