Maureen's Reviews > The Opportunist

The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher

This is from the author, Tarryn Fisher's, Goodreads page...

"I try to write stories that pull on people's emotions. I believe that sadness is the most powerful emotion, and swirled with regret the two become a dominating force."

Mission Accomplished!!! Wow, I finished this book this morning and my emotions are reeling. I'll be thinking about this story all day long...so many thing to ponder and motives to mull over. This book explores the consequences of making bad decisions. Decisions made out of love still can be very selfish and have devastating results. What a love/hate relationship I had with the main characters. They do some despicable things but I was still rooting for them.

I understand there will be a book #2 and #3. I need to pace myself. I can only handle so much emotional overload at a time but I HAVE to find out what happens next! Great debut novel. 4.5 stars.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Opportunist.

Leslie Ohhoo, you liked this one!!

Maureen I did but it did me in.

Leslie Very nice review, Maureen! It's been on my to-read list for a couple weeks!!

Leslie Btw, if you don't love emotional rollercoasters do not read Thoughtless or Beautiful Disaster!! They about killed me...but, strangely, I loved/hated them!! Ha!

Maureen Oh, but I DO LOVE THEM! I have read Thoughtless and Beautiful Disaster! I just need a moment…sniff. Why do we love to cry?

Leslie You crack me up!! Yes, we do love to cry...although it takes a lot to make me cry! But, Thoughtless succeeded! ;)

Tesa I'm thinking about reading this one, but I'm scared because it sounds like the ending is kind of rough. Are there any books you've read before that you could compare this one to?

Maureen The ending is a bit unclear, not exactly a cliffhanger but it could be interpreted in more than one way. It didn't scare me away at all. It left me wanting more. I can't wait for the next book. The closest I can compare to is hmmm…I can't think of anything…maybe Thoughtless?

Tesa Thoughtless is the magic word (I adore those books) and I love the idea of getting into a new series. Thanks Maureen! Running to buy it now.

Maureen Great. Let me know what you think of it. :)