Channelle's Reviews > Fifty Shades Trilogy

Fifty Shades Trilogy by E.L. James

F_50x66
May 14, 12

Read in May, 2012

The first book of this Trilogy was amazing. It was such a fast read and unlike any book I've ever read. The suspense of trying to figure out more about the complicated Christian Grey keeps you turning the pages.

The second book was also very good, but started to get a touch annoying because the character descriptions were so repetitive in their insecurity and lack of confidence. In the first book, it was suspenseful to get just a little bit more information every so often about Christian's troubled past, but it needed to be more developed and this book. Constantly avoiding the subject every time something intimate came up gets old.

The third book just dragged on as too much of the same as the first two. Too much insecurity and self-esteem issues with both Christian and Ana. I would have liked to see some greater development into the Jack Hyde story and even the story about Elena rather than just bringing it up at the end. I also found myself very frustrated with Ana, constantly feeling sorry for her actions and then constantly reassuring Christian she loved him. Give me a break!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Trilogy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »