Erin's Reviews > Kiss of Frost

May 14, 2012

it was ok
Read from May 07 to 14, 2012

2-2.5 stars
Another reviewer said it well, "the books are entertaining, they just aren't that good." I enjoy the story and I truly love the mythology. Thankfully the author figured out that we didn't need to know the first and last names of every character every time they come up; however, there were still lots of repetitive descriptions and phrases.

Also on a sad note, Gwen was actually really dumb in this book. Once again I figured out who the villain was long before our heroine did. I want her to be a smart girl, but instead she's extremely judgmental (I swear that any girl who isn't her friend is considered a slut to Gwen). She's also so caught up with random thoughts in her own head that I feel like she doesn't just walk into dangerous situations, she sprints into them.

And finally, if you have this magical ability and you find you can use it to do things you didn't know you could, why wouldn't you ask someone or research it so you could better use that ability? Instead she just kinda thinks, "huh...guess I'll make a mental note to do that sometime when people aren't trying to kill me."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of Frost.