Matt B.'s Reviews > The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game

The Blind Side by Michael   Lewis

M 50x66
May 14, 2012

Read in May, 2012

The Blind Side by Michael Lewis was a very well written book. The beginning of the book was more of a background story about where Michael Oher, the main person of the story, came from. This gave me a look at what Michael had to come from and what he had to use as a motivation to want a better life than before. His mom was never around with him, he was a child without a home and no place to go. These which seemed to be small details made me want to keep reading. These background details were the essential parts for the reader to know more about the book.

The Tuhoy family who took in Michael when he was a teenager is something that a lot of families wouldn’t even consider doing. They took Micahel in as one of their own and gave him a house, new clothes, a car and even a bed for him to sleep on. All of these things seem like they are common things that everyone has but not in Michael’s case. The Tuhoy family provided Michael with more than he needed and gave him his introduction to football which turned out to be a very important aspect of the story. This couldn’t have worked out any better for Michael Oher and turned out to be what people now know Michael for.

Throughout the book, the Tuhoy’s show characteristics which I believe every family should possess. If the Tuhoy’s hadn’t done what they did with Michael when they took him in, there wouldn’t be a great story like there is about Michael Oher and the Tuhoy’s and who knows where Michael would be now. This story put me in a good mood with the parts that made me laugh, made me smile and made me think about why people don’t help other people out more often. THat is why I gave this book a rating of 4 stars. I would recommend this book for people to read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blind Side.