Heather's Reviews > Mercury's War

bookshelves: queuemyreview
Recommended for: Fans of Lora Leigh's "Breed" series
Read in October, 2008

Reviewed for queuemyreview.com

The drama! The suspense! The action! The romance! Oh boy, the romance! Mercury’s War by Lora Leigh had me straining my eyes to finish the story as quickly as I could. This is the 16th book in Lora Leigh’s “Breed Series” and in my humble opinion; her books are only getting better with time.

Mercury Warrant is a lion breed that has spent most of his adult life trying to repress the lion inside of him. When he was a young man, Mercury is told that a lioness breed thought to be his mate is dead. He is so enraged by the mere thought of his mate dying; he goes into a killing rampage, sealing his fate as a breed to be feared. When Ria comes to Sanctuary for a job verifying funding, he knows there is something special about her. She tries to hide in the dowdy clothes she wears, but Mercury knows that Ria is hiding. From what, he’s not sure, but he intends to find out.

Ria doesn’t want to crave Mercury, but there is something about him she can’t resist. She knows his mate died years earlier, and she doesn’t want to be his second choice. Whenever she kisses Mercury, she’s dying to taste the mating hormone, and she knows it can never be because she isn’t his mate. Or is she? The feelings they have for each other are so strong and so pure; she can’t believe they aren’t meant for each other. Then the unspeakable happens. The woman Mercury thought to be dead, his “mate”, shows up at sanctuary claiming to want Mercury back. Ria is devastated. Is she truly Mercury’s mate, or was it all in her imagination? Will the two of them work things out, or will the woman claiming to be Mercury’s mate get in the way?

The chemistry between Mercury and Ria is tangible its so thick! They desperately love one another, and have to constantly prove their love with all sorts of obstacles thrown in their way. Mercury’s War by Lora Leigh is one of my favorites in her Breed series, and I can’t wait for the next one to come out!

xo

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mercury's War.

10/10/2008 page 45
10/12/2008 page 210
64.62% "Oh- my heart aches for Mercury and Ria!!"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Marion Great review. Can't wait for her next book. You are right she is getting better.

Heather I dont know how she does it! I've heard from a few people that she's getting divorced! :( I wonder if that will change her writing?

H

Julie (jjmachshev) OK, nobody mentioned it (and I forgot to), but didn't the small font drive you kinda nuts?
J

Marion It bothered me too.

Heather Yeah... I didnt want to say anything cause I thought it made me sound old! lol! ;D

H

Julie (jjmachshev) I know it would have been a much thicker book...but gah!
J

Heather I would have preferred a heavier book to that teeny tiny print!