Kelly Hager's Reviews > Last Rite

Last Rite by Lisa Desrochers

F_50x66
May 15, 12

Read from May 14 to 15, 2012

I read the first two books in this trilogy last year, in fairly quick succession. I read the first book a week or two before BEA and was full of hope that I'd be able to get book two at BEA, saving me from having to wait a few extra weeks to read it. (I was not that lucky.) Fast forward to now, a year later. I still love this series, one of the most fun paranormal YA offerings in recent memory. I love Frannie and her two potential boyfriends, Luc (short for "Lucifer," a guy who used to be a demon but who was redeemed by his love for Frannie) and Gabe (as in "Gabriel," an angel who also has feelings for Frannie...and whose feelings are also returned). This is one of those love triangles where either guy is a good one and without telling you who she ultimately chooses, it was a good decision on her part.

And while I love Frannie, wow, she was stupid in this book. Any time there was a decision to be made, if one was smart and the other dumb, she would always pick the dumb one. Every time. But even so, it's hard not to love Frannie.

I'm not entirely sure I think the ending for the trilogy (as in the actual ending, not the resolution for the love triangle) was a good one; it seems a little bit unlikely. But it also didn't dampen any of my enthusiasm for this book in particular or the series in general. (And I really want people to read it so I can discuss that.)

This is a ridiculously fun series and I'm incredibly sorry that it's over. Recommended.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Rite.