Anna's Reviews > Dream New Dreams: Reimagining My Life After Loss

Dream New Dreams by Jai Pausch

Jun 22, 12

bookshelves: general
Read from June 05 to 22, 2012

Won on Goodreads in May 2012.

It is a good book to give to caregivers, especially family who are taking care of those with a terminal disease. It would help them see that they are not the only ones going through this and what will happen after.

The author really focuses on the experience but especially her children. She acknowledges that she had a lot of help and support in many ways which others don't have access to as well. This is a book from her perspective, a companion one to The Last Lecture, of sorts. Jai is the behind-the-scenes support team.

This book did also encourage me to put "The Last Lecture" book, which I haven't read yet, on my reading list. Randy, as described in this book, seemed like a great person, a wonderful role model and educator but not perfect. It gives encouragement that people can follow their dreams and make a deference without being perfect. Jai's current work on this continues it. When you can, whatever you can, but do something.

It is a wonderful book, but because of the very strong focus on children and the sad topic, I would not read it again even though I enjoyed reading. I do plan to pass it on to someone who would benefit from reading it, such as someone who is currently a caregiver.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dream New Dreams.

06/11/2012 page 18