Rose Cimarron's Reviews > Unforgettable Embrace

Unforgettable Embrace by Joanne Clancy

Jun 11, 12

bookshelves: author-gift, 0000000, fiction, awaiting-wp, kindle-books, 2012
Read from May 16 to June 11, 2012 — I own a copy

On my immediate reading list

[2012-06-11] Finished. Review to follow

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unforgettable Embrace.

05/16/2012 "5% through - will need to set up a kindle edition!"
05/24/2012
24.0% "Events are starting to move."
05/25/2012
30.0% "I'm not sure if I'll finish this book. I'm getting fed up with the trade name / shop name dropping and the close to stream of consciousness introspection. There are way too many details given in most descriptions, and the sentence structure is simplistic. We haven't even got a sniff of a wedding yet...Sorry Joanne."
05/27/2012
31.0% "Perservering."
06/02/2012
34.0% "Well, the last 3% has read like a travel brochure for Ireland...a worthy publication (and Ireland *is* lovely) but it's not what I was expecting from this novel. Still waiting for the wedding..."
06/03/2012
41.0% "Have to admit I skipped the encyclopedic bits.
Reread the blurb...it's a hen weekend that's central. A man has just made an appearance - is he the one?"
06/06/2012
42.0% "The chap is called Batt, and talks like a textbook. I don't know if Batt is a common Irish/Gaelic name. If it is, that would explain Rachel not remarking on it.
What sort of dozy woman goes travelling in a campervan without learning to change a wheel! I am ashamed of her. My Dad taught me before I left home - and I was better at it than some boyfriends!
Batt's ok though - he has a dog, a GSD called Sheba :-)"
06/06/2012
45.0% "The dinner with Batt is well written and the conversation flows naturally. I was shoked to learn Batt trained dogs for a living, since Sheba jumped at Rachel - cobbler's children perhaps.
The kindle formatting is annoying - no paragraph breaks for changes in speaker and all the accents were stripped from the French, e.g. "vous etes tres gentil" (sic)"
06/09/2012
55.0% "There have been some nicely readable passages, some plot holes, a unconvincing sex scene and now we're back to more sections that sound like they've been lifted from travel brochures. We've got a bride who has no interest in planning her own wedding!"
06/10/2012
68.0% "Over two-thirds of the way through the book and we've still not got to the hen party that the blurb says is central to the plot!"
06/11/2012
93.0% "The plot holes are huge, the text contradicts itself. Did anyone read this for JC before it was published? The main characters drink so much I fear for their livers and wonder if they should join AA. The details are overwhelming and, I hate to say, dull. Underneath there's a good story that's being drowned by unnecessary stuff.
Typos: Newquay in Cornwall is 1 word not 2, & doesn't have a motorway."
06/11/2012
99.0% "Finished...the ending was semaphored, and happened at breakneck speed...when the rest of the book was quite slow to unfold."
show 5 hidden updates…