Sabrina's Reviews > Requiem

Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Jun 27, 12

bookshelves: to-read

OMGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't know how to express how I feel right now! ALEX!!!!
excited gif Pictures, Images and Photos

crying misha gif Pictures, Images and Photos

Just when Alex finally appears in Pandemonium (I've been waiting the whole book for it to happen)... the book finishes!!!NOOO! WTH????!!Lauren really enjoys making us suffer huh? Waiting another year?? NOOOOO ...

[image error].
Will Smith Cry Noo Pictures, Images and Photos

Spoilers:

Julian is a really sweet kid but he just didn't grow on me as much as Alex did! I'm also disappointed in Lena because she gave up on Alex too quickly...I mean come on I know she thought he was dead and all that but still..you didn't saw him get killed so why take him as a dead man and basically forget him only half a year later????...but oh well HE IS BACK NOW FOLKS and he is going to ROCK in the third book!!! I'm sure about that!! I know as well that in the third book there will obviously be a love-triangle but I really need Lena to get back with ALEX!!!! ♥♥♥

284 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem.

message 1: by Minatullah (new)

Minatullah according to Lauren Oliver, it's not really about a love triangle. more likely Hana would be with Julian. the book is split from 2 point of views. half from Lena's and the other half from Hana. :)

message 2: by Minatullah (new)

Minatullah Fari wrote: "half from Hana?"

yeah obviously. that's what she said when they asked her if the other point of view will be from a boy's and she said no. :)

Izabela Couldn't agree with you more Sabrina,I want Alex with Lena too!!

message 4: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica Sabrina your post made my day. All of those photos are exactly how i feel.

message 5: by Madeline (new) - added it

Madeline I totally agree!!! And the fact that she was thinking of Alex while she was kissing Julian....?! Oh my gosh. WHY? I like Alex a WHOLE HECK OF A LOT more than Julian. Did you notice that in Delirium, it was Alex who shows love to Lena, and in Pandemonium, it's Lena who shows love to Julian? just though that was an interesting little twist..anyway..i'm kind of hyped up because I just finished the book (in one night, I might add) :)

Hannah Madeline wrote: "I totally agree!!! And the fact that she was thinking of Alex while she was kissing Julian....?! Oh my gosh. WHY? I like Alex a WHOLE HECK OF A LOT more than Julian. Did you notice that in Delirium..."
I know right!!! OMIGHOSH! the whole thing was crazy I thought with Lena and Julian. UGH I hate Julian sooooo much! I LOVE ALEX!!!!

message 7: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Burgos Totally agree with you.. she "forgot" alex so quickly, and he's the one who shows love for her. I mean he gave his life, and obviously he's the bestttt!

Anne OH MY ZEUS! YES! I AGREE 55555533333377777777%!!!!! I mean, Alex basically "died" for her!!!

Senait I feel the same way!!! I mean, it's only been 6 MONTHS for crying out load!!!!
I like Julian, he's a nice guy and all, but he is NOT Alex!!!!
I really hope he and Lena end up together at the end :)

message 10: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley I literally spent 5 minutes laughing at this because this exactly how I feel.

message 11: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve Harris yesss!!! lena and alex must get back together!!!

message 12: by Sofie (last edited Jan 21, 2013 03:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sofie I completely agree. I saw this picture on Lauren's blog, and I was crying because it's basically what I've been saying this entire time. It said "I love you. Remember, they cannot take it." and then "Julian takes it". I found it funny that Lauren posted it because she's the one who caused the heartache.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

ALEX IS AMAZING!!!!!! forget julian, he was all part of a set-up in the first place! julian needs to forget about lena. ALEX!!!!

message 14: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Exactly how I felt. I am disappointed that she didn't think of checking the crypt. It was predictable.

Hannah I really want Alex to steal Lena back!! And what was that hole thing with her mom??? Top level of the resistance?!?!?! I want to read it so bad!!!!!!!!

message 16: by Ally (new) - added it

Ally I totally agree! I mean Julian was fine and sweet and all, but I liked Alex a lot better. I thought he meant more to Lena, too, only waiting like a year to fall in love again. I'm not sure how I feel about this book being told in Lena's AND Hana's points of view, but knowing Lauren Oliver, she'll probably make it good. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT LENA DOES!!!! :D

message 17: by Sumayyah (new)

Sumayyah omg i will be mad if Alex and Lena do not get back together

message 18: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha miraj me too

message 19: by Reem (new) - rated it 3 stars

Reem i totally agree with u 100%!

Alysa Filip I know exactly how you feel!!!i really really really really really really REALLY hope I win the contest and get one of the free first to come out novels.

Caitlin Huynh OMGGG YOU JUST FLUFFING READ MY MIND OMGGGGGGGG.. *cries*

ALEX AND LENA ARE MEANT TO BE AND SHES SUCH AN IDIOT FOR FORGETTING HIM SO EASILY FCKKKKKKK

Anna001 I found that annoying too-she didn't even wait a year before falling in love with someone else- I mean, please!!! He was worth a decade!

message 23: by Shuma (new)

Shuma She Has To Get Back With Him
Or They May Be Some Bloodshed

Megan Miller They have to be together! I need to read the next book and see how Alex has changed and what Lena will do but she has to choose Alex!!!!!!

message 25: by Shuma (new)

Shuma I Know
It Just Has To Happen Or The Book Will Be Ruined

Jennifer yes yes yes, i can't wait anymore ! omg it's so close asdfghjk

Marrie *I Only Date Fictional Boys* I agree. Jullian was a sweet kid, don't get my wrong, but he wasn't Alex. Something about Lena and Alex just works. It's not the same with Jullian. And Lena seems to have just "fallen in love" with Jullian because he was the only one there when she was grieving. And I hated how Jullian and Lena had insta-love. Alex and Lena's relationship took time to grow. And he was just so sweet, and he obviously loves her more. I mean, look what he did for her!
Oh my god!!! I need this book NOW!

message 28: by Grace (new) - added it

Grace how do you get all the awsome pictures on your reviews.. they actually make me laugh the house down when people have them.. i haven't figured out how to use them yet. The book is AMAZBALLS !! THE END I WAS JUTS LIKE.. OH i felt like my heart it the floor..

message 29: by Talia (new) - added it

Talia Yes Lena & Alex all the way! I would probably die if she chooses Julian instead!!!

Chloe I like Julian better than Alex. I know everyone is like, Lena and Alex Lena and Alex. But I liked Julian right away!

message 31: by Reem (new) - rated it 3 stars

Reem Trust me, your gonna hate Alex in the third book and live Julian. I was exactly like you until I read the third book...

Keisi Mancellari I was so disappointed. Ok, in a super lame way we found out what happened to Alex, Lena ;) and Julian, but what about the super important thing, the deliria and the country? Oh no, we just needed to know that they broke down the wall -.- and hannah, oh no, knowing that she was running in the grass and thinking everything is going to be fine, is more than enough -.-