Julia's Reviews > Significance

Significance by Shelly Crane

May 14, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult, romance, fantasy
Read on May 14, 2012

Caleb is an Ace, a supernatural race that lives among humans. As an Ace, he develops special talents and powers and is obligated to be a contributing member to his clan, the Jacobsons, and to his Significant. When Maggie feels a jolt shoot through her as she meets Caleb, she has no idea how much of her has changed. All she knows is that he keeps calling her his "Significant" and suddenly it hurts to not be near him. Her body aches and her mind longs to touch this person she barely knows.

Significance is a beautiful love story about supernatural beings who live in the essence of what it is to be a soulmate; they love once, and they completely, bringing a new definition to what intimacy is thought to be by the average human. Their love is intense, taking the extreme beyond what is seen as teenage romance into a place where need overpowers want, and love overpowers rationality. But Shelly Crane's impeccable creation makes this world seem flawless, as if no love should be any different than the heart wrenching one she has created.

No romance can even begin to compete.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Significance.

Quotes Julia Liked

Shelly Crane
“I saw something in you that I couldn't live without. I chose you, inside of me, and you chose me. It's not one sided, it only works when both people choose the other. You are perfect for me in every way.”
Shelly Crane, Significance

Shelly Crane
“But... we will always be drawn together. We'll always crave each other. We'll always be in tune with each other, physically and mentally. There is nothing that can change or break that. And even if there was, I wouldn't want to. Not for the world.”
Shelly Crane, Significance