Patrick's Reviews > Libriomancer

Libriomancer by Jim C. Hines

May 13, 12

Read in May, 2012

I love it when I pick up a book and it surprises me.

What's even better, is when I pick up a book and it's got some sort of fresh idea, something I've never read in a book before.

Even more than that, I like it when I pick up a book and it's clever through and through.

When a book does all three of these things.... well.... Then I end up telling my friends and writing gushy goodreads reviews.

Now I'm not surprised that I liked Jim's book. I've read some of his other stuff, and even got a little gushy about him back in 2008 on my blog:

Even though I do like his stuff, I have to say that Jim Really stepped it up in this book, and I really, really eager to see what he does with book two in the series.

So yeah. Great book. You might want to think about pre-ordering this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Libriomancer.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by L. (new)

L. Lawson Ringing endorsement. Pre-order...on it.

message 2: by Robi (new) - added it

Robi Banerjee I'm going to Kindle this.

And Mr. Rothfuss, when can we expect the Doors of Stone? I can't wait!

message 3: by Jackthelad (new) - added it

Jackthelad Your review's inspire me to read. Many thank's

message 4: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Doors of Stone! We need it badly,

message 5: by Darrell (new)

Darrell Crawford This review inspired me to read Doors Of Stone....so come with it now!!!!!!

message 6: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Ah, I love it when books are surprising and clever, and then *stay* that way. Thank you for the review, sir!

message 7: by Christa (new) - added it

Christa C I'm a very bad person, and I always tend to judge books by their covers (which is one of the WORST things you can do with the fantasy genre), and I think I would have passed this book by because of the cover. However all of those things you mentioned above are the things I love in fantasy novels. That's what I loved about Robin Hobb's Six Dutchies novels, and of course your novels good sir (please ignore everyone above. We'll take Doors of Stone when you've finished it... No rushing.). Thanks for the recommendation, because of the cover I would have passed on this book.

Rachel Ayers I can't waaaaait to read this. I love all his stuff.

message 9: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Okay...I'll add this in after Mistborn. The title perked me interest right away, which is basically what makes me read half the books I've read so....WIN!

message 10: by Alison (new) - added it

Alison Magic, vampires and books! The trifecta! And it is a very cool title, looking forward to it.

Snorri I guess I will take your word for it... :D

Matthew J. Rogers It just came out yesterday, so I will make sure to get it on my weekly trip to Chapters, thanks Pat!

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo This is a terrible, terrible front cover! I'll still read it, as I'll read anything PR gushes about, but seriously, it's terrible!

Colleen Read the first few pages and can't wait to read more.

message 15: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Yah, I read the first chapter yesterday on Jim Hines website, it was pretty good. That spider thing made its way into my dreams!

Mlyons It's like Ready Player One, but instead of the 80's geek references we get book references, crossed with The Dresden Files. That's a win-win.