Melissa's Reviews > The Sandman, Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes

The Sandman, Vol. 1 by Neil Gaiman

May 21, 12

bookshelves: gave-up

Graphic novels are really touch-and-go for me. I've loved some (like the Bone series, and anything Craig Thompson has written), but this one just isn't doing it for me. I made it about halfway through (which, considering that it's a slim volume, makes it easier to finish), but it's just too dark and depressing. It's a rainy, grey day and I need something a little more uplifting. Sorry, Mr. Gaimain. I liked Coraline, but that's about it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sandman, Vol. 1.

Stacie I can understand why you didn't like this one. Have you tried reading any of the Fables series by Bill Willingham? I really enjoy those ones...more than I thought I would! Brian K. Vaughan also has some great graphic novel series, as well.

message 2: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Thanks for the recommendations! I felt lucky when I stumbled across Blankets, and thought that all graphic novels would be equally amazing, but have been totally disappointed since then. I'll look into the ones that you recommended though. Thanks again!