Dale Harcombe's Reviews > Best Forgotten

Best Forgotten by Paula Vince

Jul 18, 12

Read from May 13 to 14, 2012

Actually 4 and a half stars but I haven't figured out how to put a half star in.I finished this book ages ago but haven't had time till now to write the review.
Best Forgotten starts with an car accident when a driver, Reverend Barney Wills hits a young man who appears on the road in front of him. It then jumps to the young man waking up hospital not remembering anything or anyone, not his family or friends and not even who he is. What Courtney Lockwood does find out about the person he was before the accident, makes him despise that previous self and want nothing to do with him. Courtney wants to know what happened and why he was on the road at that time feeling like he was being chased. He suspects he may even have been involved in something criminal. And why is Jasmine the one who was supposedly his girlfriend before the accident behaving so oddly, not like a girlfriend at all? So what is going on there? Best Forgotten raises lots of questions and keeps the reader interested throughout. This is one of those books you will want to keep reading till all the secrets are uncovered. I really enjoyed it and it's not hard to see why it won the 2011 Caleb Fiction Prize.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Best Forgotten.