Gabriela's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

F 50x66
May 13, 2012

Read from July 05 to 17, 2012

It was a slow start for this book and yet it peaked my interest when it was revealed that among humans are demons, Shawdowhunters, Downworlders, warlocks, vampires etc.. who are all aware of each other and follow different laws which mundanes (humans) are not even aware of. The writer did a great job at painting the picture of this underworld and the struggle for power.. making it come to life for the reader. It was descriptive enough yet it left room for the reader to use his/her imagination. I have not read the Mortal Instruments series, which apparently I should have before reading this book...but I did not feel lost and or anything. It might have made reading the story better because just like Tessa, I was learning about London's Downworld full of supernatural beings for the first time and felt just as surprise as her character. The love triangle was not there for me.. I failed to truly see it, so perhaps this is something that the writer will develop further in the next installment... which I am looking forward to reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.