Rachel's Reviews > Spell Hunter

Spell Hunter by R.J. Anderson

May 13, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, sucky-ending
Read in May, 2012

I'll be honest: at no point while reading this book did I know where the story was going. It was definitely not what I expected from the blurb on the book jacket.

I liked the main character quite a bit, though it confused me for a few chapters when she changed her name from Bryony to Knife. I didn't like the queen at all, and I'm not sure she was even supposed to be one of the villains. Wink was an airy little character--she made me smile. I think my favorite character was Thorn.

The ending didn't leave me saying, "Hey! Where's the rest of it?" but I didn't love it. I don't really have any feelings about it one way or the other. It was all right, not fantastic. I don't know if it could have been any better, though. The story takes a lot of twists and turns. I'm impressed that the author managed to wrap it up as well as she did.
I'm not sure what I was expecting. Happily ever after, I guess. I don't really know if that phrase applies.

All in all, I didn't really have any particular feelings about Spell Hunter. Three stars, I guess. I don't feel like I wasted my time reading it, but I'll probably never read it again.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spell Hunter.