Steven R. McEvoy's Reviews > Alien on a Rampage

Alien on a Rampage by Clete Barrett Smith

Jun 24, 12

bookshelves: 2012-best-of, read-2012
Read from April 01 to May 15, 2012, read count: 1

It's interesting that at first I was not enjoying this book nearly as much as the first volume in the series. I was struggling with how David's grandmother and Amy could both keep siding with the new handy man, Scratchull, over him. And the book starts a little slower than the first. But by the end it more than made up for it.

In this story, it is a year after the first. David is back in the Pacific Northwest at his grandmother's Bed and Breakfast and looking forward to a great summer with his grandmother and Amy. He is hoping to get some time alone with Amy and to renew and maybe expand their friendship. But from the moment he arrives, things are awkward. First there is another new employee, an alien by the name of Scratchull, and from the start David sees something sinister in him that no one else seems to notice. And things go from bad to worse. As David tries to prove that Scratchull is not what he appears, Scratchull always seems to be one step ahead. David knows the truth but cannot get anyone to believe him.

This story is well-written, it is enjoyable. I love the characters and the concept. I liked the first book a little better but cannot wait for book three to see what adventures they will have next at the Intergalactic Bed and Breakfast! So pick up the book and be prepared for some surprises along the way.

Read the review and with links to other reviews of books by the authors on my blog Book Reviews and More. And also an author profile and interview with Clete Barrett Smith.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alien on a Rampage.