Lauren Suero's Reviews > Temptation

Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins

May 13, 12

Read in May, 2012

As soon as I saw the description of this book up on NetGalley, I had to have it. Forbidden love? SIGN ME UP.

After a string of intense novels to review, I wanted something light-hearted and fun to read. 'Temptation' by Karen Ann Hopkins was just that novel. Written in dual POV's (Noah and Rose's), Hopkins entices her readers into the contemporary world of Rose and conservative up-bringing of Noah. Can fate keep these two together or will their clashing lives pull them apart?

The characters graced throughout the novel were realistic and enjoyable to get to know. I couldn't help but want to strangle Noah a bit, since he tended to have a one track mind and all he could think was of converting Rose over, instead of possibly fitting into Rose's world. Rose had her whiny moments, but nothing you couldn't find in a sixteen year old today.

Pacing of the plot was pretty steady, so much so that when I reached the end and discovered there was another book coming, I kept yelling out "NO NO NO NO!!!!". There's no epic cliffhanger here but were left with just enough intrigue to take us over into the sequel.

Thanks to Harlequin Teen and Netgalley for the ARC!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temptation.