Katie Conigliaro's Reviews > Pandora's Key

May 20, 12

bookshelves: review-request, 2012-reading-challenge
Read from May 14 to 17, 2012

From http://thefictiondiaries.blogspot.com
For an interview with the author: http://thefictiondiaries.blogspot.com...

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review:

The only thing stopping me from saying this is the best experience with an Indie book that I have ever had is that it is my first experience with an Indie book, and it has set the bar pretty high for my future Indie reads, because I absolutely ADORED this book!

I admit I was slightly concerned at the beginning, because everything gets started really quickly: strange things begin happening from page one without time to indicate what normal life was like.

Then I read a few more pages and I didn't care anymore; I just wanted to know what happened next.

The book head-jumps between a few different story lines that eventually collide in a way I had never expected. Now, anyone who knows me can tell you that it is very, very difficult for a plot twist to catch me off guard. I will be watching a movie and 10 minutes in I'll have figured out the catch - I've been told its rather infuriating. The point is I am not one to be caught off guard easily, but this book did just that. I sat in bed staring at the page with my mouth hanging open in awe of the fact that, finally, someone had beat me. I actually messaged the author on Goodread's just to share my excitement at how perfectly she had set the whole thing up. It is essentially a lesser version of when Snape's background is revealed in The Deathly Hallows; everything you know is a lie. Except..ya know..this one only lies to you for one book instead of seven.

The book is a quick read both because it is relatively short and very compelling. The more you read the more you want to know what is going on and you'll be damned if you stop reading before you do. And once you do finish it I am willing to bet you will be just as excited to get book 2 in the trilogy as I am now!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandora's Key.

05/14/2012 "Looking forward to starting tonight:)"
05/16/2012