Valentina Heart's Reviews > Diva and the Frat Boy

Diva and the Frat Boy by Daisy Harris

May 30, 12

bookshelves: glbt, the-romance-reviews
Read from May 13 to 14, 2012

This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

I'm slowly but surely becoming a fan of Daisy Harris' work. With her hot men and deep characters, it really isn't difficult to guess why.

DIVA AND THE FRAT BOY is a sequel to College Boys, a book I really liked and it's about Nathaniel and Greg, the guys we met as side characters in the first book. I loved Nathaniel from the start, his loud expressiveness and his couldn't-care-less attitude. I love characters like him, so it was little wonder I wanted to know more about him.

In this story, Diva ends up applying for fraternity and stubbornly keeps a distance from the Frat Boy – the president of the fraternity, Greg. I have to say Nathaniel appealed to me more than Greg, who certainly had his great moments, but sometimes he was just too contradictory for me and in one particular situation I got offended for Nathaniel. That type of a bad impression tends to stick with me and the author didn't really take enough time to develop the characters as was the case with the first book.

This time round, it seemed to be more about the story than the characters and the difference was felt more than once. She touched a lot of tricky subjects, especially when it came to how exactly it felt to be Nathaniel, but it never went further than a simple touch and that was something I really wanted to read.

Toward the end, there are a few jumps I didn't care for, but despite all of it I did like this story and the rating is probably somewhere in between three and four. Daisy Harris has a way of charming her readers and with a bit more development character wise, I know we will have a winner with the third book. Someone tell me there is a third book?
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diva and the Frat Boy.

05/13/2012 page 60