Alannah Clarke's Reviews > The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

Jun 20, 2012

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from June 05 to 20, 2012

Wow, I cannot believe that it has taken me almost a year after reading the first book to read this one. An outstanding and dare I say superior sequel to "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". Having read the first story of the trilogy this summer I was eager to know how the sequel would compare. In the girl with the dragon tattoo, Lisebeth Salander is definitely an enigmatic character and there are subtle hints that there is a lot of back story to her character. Am I glad that this back story has been developed and interwoven into this sequel. Too often we say "I couldn't put a book down" but in this case it is definitely a book you will be glued to.

The story comes to life when Salander is wanted in connection with some murders that have been commited. From this point the story moves on at a frenetic pace with all characters connected to Salander such as Blomkvist the journalist and Armansky her former employer defending her and trying to get to the bottom of the case alongside a national police investigation.

Ultimately this book is about why is Salander the way she is. What drives her and what is she willing to do to get to the truth?

I enjoyed this book and I really look forward to getting onto the third book of the trilogy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Played with Fire.

06/09/2012 page 83