Henrietta's Reviews > Partners in Crime

Partners in Crime by Kim Harrington

May 15, 12

Read from May 13 to 15, 2012

Norah and Darcy are seventh graders. Preparing for school project can be time-consuming but this doesn’t mean Norah and Darcy are not enjoying their time working together. They come up with an idea to create a detective agency as their fake business for their social studies assignment. Darcy even sets up a web site showcasing the fake business on the school’s server! Soon after they make a presentation about their business in front of the class, they receive an email requesting them to help and solve a case. Can Norah and Darcy really help to solve a mystery?

I find the story entertaining. Norah and Darcy are both sensible, perceptive and smart. When they encounter obstacles, they do not see them as setbacks. Rather, they choose to look at the bigger picture for helpful hints and then gather their wits to come up with a workable plan to target the right suspects to resolve the case. It’s fun to watch how the girls put the pieces of puzzles together and come up with the truth.

This is a quick-read and I can’t wait to see more of Norah and Darcy when book 2 comes out.

For more of my reviews, visit LeisureReads.com.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Partners in Crime.