Erlynn (BooksHugBack)'s Reviews > Darcy's Decision

Darcy's Decision by Maria Grace

May 13, 2012

Read in May, 2012

Maria Grace's Darcy's Decision: Given Good Principles is the first in a Pride and Prejudice trilogy. The first volume begins with a look at Darcy coping with the death of his parents, most recently his father and the relationship between him and a Mr. Bradley the new vicar. He guides Darcy in his grief and the process of stepping into the position as Master of Pemberley.

We get to see Mr. Darcy in a different light as he must deal with both the terrible Wickham in rare form and his sister Georgiana during her "most trying age". Darcy appears vulnerable and sensitive which was so interesting to see, as usually we only first meet him as the "proud disagreeable man" who shows up in Hertfordshire with his friend.

I was nervous about this one at first, because I knew it was going to be lacking in the Darcy and Elizabeth relationship that I love. Even retellings told from the Darcy perspective eventually get to the Meryton meeting. Would I enjoy a completely Darcy book? After reading it, I wonder why I was hesitant. I'm Darcy obsessed... of course I would love it. It was great and I enjoyed every minute of it, so much so I found myself quickly wishing to go on and read the other two volumes. I was even more excited now knowing my favorite relationship was soon to start. You will end up wishing the story was longer. The preview of Darcy's Helpmate was a painful tease at the end and I simply cannot wait to read on.

Once you are hooked, you can read the Epilogue on George and Anne's Story on her website at http://authormariagrace.com/bonus-cha... This is also very nicely done. Although kinda painful to read, the strength shown by Anne and the true love displayed by the pair is very touching. It certainly adds to the depth of the story Grace is creating. I could have easily seen this as a prologue to Vol. 1, but I also understand she probably wanted to keep an element of surprise to her retelling of the story. I really value this short piece though and think it would have put a different pleasant feel towards the story.

Either way... I cannot wait for the next two volumes to come out. After I finished the first I went straight to looking to the web to download the next! Ugh, they were not out yet which means I have started another series that is yet to be finished. WHY do I keep doing this to myself!? Her website says she is working to get the next two out as quickly as possible. Probably not fast enough for us though. :) Tomorrow?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darcy's Decision.

06/25/2016 marked as: read