Juliet's Reviews > Just One Look

Jul 19, 2007

it was ok
bookshelves: thriller
Read in January, 2004

Although it was still a decent read much like his other novels, it could be time for Coben to change a little of his formulaic writing. The plot in this novel is so confusing that the last two to three chapters were devoted to explaining it all. It almost felt like the rest of the novel were just fillers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One Look.

04/18 marked as: read

Claudette That's exactly what I thought! He didn't give us a single clue that related to the real story. Then delivered all the explanation as a narrative. I did give it 3 stars though, because it actually did engage me - just wish the actual story ended up differently.

message 2: by Jo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jo I agree it was very engaging, but it had to be all explained in the last chapters. Mr. Coben, instead of leaving bread crumbs throughout the book, just served the whole loaf at the end

Eric Ray Couldn't agree more. this is my first Coven book. Disappointing.

Samantha Agreed.

Gail Disagree. I loved the suspense and the final wrap up of a intriguing story. Guess it shows how we all like something different. I liked that I could not predict the ending or that it wraps up in two paragraphs!

Dawn Currie I agree

Dawn Currie This one was by far my least favorite book by him. It was very engaging, so I kept reading, but I kinda new half way through that I'd prob be disappointed with the actual end story. I won't give up on Mr. Coben though, I love his other stuff.