Michael's Reviews > Swann's Way

Swann's Way by Marcel Proust

May 31, 12

bookshelves: 1900-1949, goodest-reads-2012, literature
Read from May 13 to 31, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swann's Way.

05/13/2012 page 104
22.0% "Dear Proust: A name for our protagonist, along with a general sense of his age, would be GREAT. Just, whenever you get around to it. I understand you want to finish describing the steeple using nine different extended metaphors and comparing it to every other steeple you've seen throughout your life, but whenever you're done with that, just a name and an age would be great. Please."
05/20/2012 page 213
46.0% "This is where, if it weren't for peer pressure, I would officially give up and declare this a weird combination of melodrama and boring. As it is, though, I'm gonna try and tough it out." 6 comments
05/24/2012 page 283
61.0% "I'm not sure why my perception has changed so much in the last 80 pages, but I'm really, really liking this now."
05/25/2012 page 340
05/30/2012 page 373
81.0% ""I do feel it's absurd..." she added with the wisdom invariably shown by people who, not being in love themselves, feel that a clever man should only be unhappy about a person who is worth his while; which is rather like being astonished that anyone would condescend to die of cholera at the bidding of so insignificant a creature as the comma bacillus." 23 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jason Elizabeth wrote: "Yes! Just remember that it really picks up in volume four."

LOL!!!

Sparrow Dude, tick fucking tock. I'm not getting any younger over here. Your audience demands a review!

Michael Don't rush me! Do you know how much other shit I'm trying to write over here? Huh? As if Double Feature weren't enough, now we started two other V.D. novels, and I'm working on two different solo projects, one silly and one "serious". . . I need a stunt double or something.

Jason I thought Caris was your stunt double.

Michael I'm better at stunts than Caris. He's my straight man.

And he is incapable of writing a page without using one of the following words: naked, lube, rape, or suckle. Thus, he's sort of like a handicapped cousin with tourettes.

Sparrow Well, I do want to read the screwicorn, so I guess I'll give you a pass.