Aneeqah's Reviews > One Moment

One Moment by Kristina McBride

Jun 26, 12

bookshelves: 2012-ya-contemp, 2012-standalone, mystery, realistic-fiction, review-for-blog, kindle, arc, the-reading-games
Read from June 25 to 27, 2012

Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

One Moment was a very compelling and interesting story, with a really great theme: death. However, there were things I didn’t like about this book, like the main character and how predictable everything was.

I really loved the concept of One Moment. Death is always such a hard subject to talk about, and I love how the author portrayed it in this book. There’s always questions that a person leaves behind, secrets that they never told. This was a big part of the book, as Maggie tried to figure out the secrets that Joey kept. I loved how realistic things were.

This book was actually really compelling to read, even though it was predictable. There was always something that just made you want to keep reading, even if you had everything pretty much figured out. The book really flew by for me.

Our main character, Maggie, was somebody that I really couldn’t connect with throughout this story. And if you know me, you’ll know that characters are always so important for me in a book. Maggie was just so… whiny. I understand the circumstances were really horrible, of course you’re going to cry and grieve after a death. But Maggie just took everything to the extreme. And she was also ridiculously blind. I don’t want to spoil anything, but if you’ve read the book, you’ll know what I’m talking about.

Overall, I liked One Moment. It was a great book about death and moving on. However, the book was so predictable and I couldn’t connect with the main character in the story. It was an entertaining read for a few hours, but it wasn’t a book that left a lasting impression on me.

Thank you to the publishers and NetGalley for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review!

Find this review, and more at my blog My Not So Real Life!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Moment.

06/25/2012
28.0% "The beginning kind of confused me, but now I'm pretty intrigued."
show 2 hidden updates…