Shawn Lane's Reviews > Timepiece

Timepiece by Myra McEntire

May 20, 12

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from May 13 to 20, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Review can also be found at http://www.whatireadyesterday.com/201...

The space time continuum is being manipulated to further Jack’s own agenda, and unless Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and other members of the Hourglass can find Jack and the research he has stolen, the “powers that be” will set time to rewind with devastating consequences.

Kaleb has his dad back, but his mom still resides in a coma, having had her memories robbed, thus draining her of life. Emerson has Michael back and is now an official member of The Hourglass. Jack and Cat have disappeared, but Jack still doesn’t have what he needs and will stop at nothing to get it. With each day that passes, rips are bleeding through time and being seen by everyone, and not just by Em and Michael, but by Kaleb, Dune, Nate, and.....Lily! Together, they must locate Jack, the research, and much more!

My Review:
It’s so refreshing to pick up a 2nd book in a series and enjoy it just as much, if not more than the first! Timepiece is the next book, after Hourglass, in a series by Myra McEntire of the same name. Hourglass is one of the 24 nominated books in YALSA’S 2012 Teen Top Ten. My review for it can be found here....Review of Hourglass.

Timepiece, unlike Hourglass, is told from Kaleb’s point of view. It held all of the mystery, suspense, time travel, and twists as the first book, and then some! We even get a tie-in to Mythology in Timepiece, with a connection to Chronos, the Personification of Time. Romance abounds as well in Timepiece, with Kaleb finding someone as feisty as himself.

Many times in sequels, I feel that authors spend too much ink retelling portions of the previous book. Thank you, Myra McEntire, for not doing this! Timepiece flowed smoothly, continuing the story that was begun in Hourglass, while adding new players, uncovering more story lines and creating another level of the plot that will continue on into the next book.....which I will be eagerly anticipating!

FTC required disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher. I did not receive monetary compensation for this review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timepiece.

05/19/2012 page 101