Jessica's Reviews > On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep

On Becoming Baby Wise by Gary Ezzo

Sep 15, 08

Read in September, 1998, read count: 6

Who wants their baby to sleep through the night and go to sleep without any fuss? Then you should read this book! I first read it when a family I nannied for wanted me to get on board with what they were doing with their daughter. It worked like magic! David and I decided to apply this same program to all of our children. I have 5 kids and they all slept through the night between the ages of 6 weeks and 3 months. The basic principal is getting them on a feeding schedule so that their metabolism can stabalize. This works for breast and bottle feeding mothers alike. (I've done it both ways) They also go to sleep on their own - we just lay them down in the crib and say good-night and leave the room. They may fuss for a few minutes, but that's it. They've all kept this fabulous sleeping skill with them as they've grown as well, which has been great for them and for us. Once it's bedtime, we can have all 5 kids in bed with doors closed within 10 minutes. No crying, no begging, no fuss. I highly recommend this book!!!! (obviously) ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Becoming Baby Wise.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin (new)

Kristin While reading reviews I accidentally clicked on "this review was helpfull" button instead of the "more" button. Although the book has some good points I do not endorse it as a whole or necessarily agree with this persons review.